occasional skips

Leisha Wharfield leisha at decisionresearch.org
Thu Aug 9 19:15:06 UTC 2007

    "It's also not possible that participants are accidentally hitting
    the key that moves the slide on as I deliberately chose a key away
    from the keys they are using to respond to the trials (and I don't
    tell them which key it is)."

Do the data bear this out? There are no entries for notaskproc; it never
launches? Have you tried, during testing, prematurely hitting the key
that moves the slide on to see what happens? In my experience, if there
is an unexpected way to proceed through the experiment, subjects will
find it (& that's probably a good thing, because it leads to refinement).

The key that moves the slide on should only be an allowable response in
notaskproc, therefore hitting it prematurely should do nothing. Is this
the case?

Leisha Wharfield
Decision Research
Eugene, Oregon, USA

--
"And then many things happened at the same moment."