randomization with restrictions

MP m.parra at mx.uni-saarland.de
Mon Aug 27 14:29:59 UTC 2007

Hi Eprime Experts,

Do you know how is the best way to write a Inline script for stimulus randomization with restrictions by unequal probability of the simulus? My experiment has 3 conditions with unequal stimulus trials: cond1 = 60 % (36 Stimuli), cond2 = 20% (12 stimuli), cond3 = 20% (12 stimuli) from a total of 60 Stimuli. The stimuli in each condition are repeated (10 times). Each condition has a different Procedure and all conditions are presented in the same block. How can I implement a randomization script that can define the occurrence probability of the stimulus with these conditions? for example, the probability that a stimulus of condition 2 (20%) appears after a stimulus of condition 1(60%).

Thank you in advance,

Mauricio