randomization with restrictions

Ben Robinson BRobinso at mprc.umaryland.edu
Mon Aug 27 14:45:19 UTC 2007

you could make a list with three rows.
first row: weight 36, procedure "cond1"
2nd row: weight 12, procedure "cond2"
3rd row: weight 12, procedure "cond3"
set the list to random selection.

if you need to repeat the list 10 times, you could either set the list to exit after 10 cycles or you could have another list above the list i just described.  this top list would have a single row with weight of 10, and a procedure called "block_of_60_trials".

ben

>>> "MP" <m.parra at mx.uni-saarland.de> 8/27/2007 10:29 AM >>>
Hi Eprime Experts,

Do you know how is the best way to write a Inline script for stimulus randomization with restrictions by unequal probability of the simulus? My experiment has 3 conditions with unequal stimulus trials: cond1 = 60 % (36 Stimuli), cond2 = 20% (12 stimuli), cond3 = 20% (12 stimuli) from a total of 60 Stimuli. The stimuli in each condition are repeated (10 times). Each condition has a different Procedure and all conditions are presented in the same block. How can I implement a randomization script that can define the occurrence probability of the stimulus with these conditions? for example, the probability that a stimulus of condition 2 (20%) appears after a stimulus of condition 1(60%).

Thank you in advance,

Mauricio