Sending a trigger during a stimulus' presentation

Fabrizio Ferri Benedetti Fabrizio.Ferri at uv.es
Mon Jan 29 17:38:26 UTC 2007

Hi!

I'll try to make it simple:

- In my procedure, an InLine BEFORE the stimulus send a start trigger
via serial port using OnSet method; an InLine AFTER the stimulus send
triggers accounting for accuracy or lack of response (as the subject's
answer terminates the slide)

-In the same procedure, there is also a fixed-time pause after the
stimulus. It happens that the subject may answer during the pause, and
not during the stimulus. Now, as the pause (an empty slide) can't be
terminated by the subject's answer, every trigger I process with an
InLine after the pause itself will always be sent after the pause.

Is there any way to send triggers (or perform actions) if the subject
answers during the presentation of a stimulus (slide/text/pause/etc)?
That is: I don't want the answer to terminate the stimulus or pause; I
just want the answer to perform scripted actions (like sending triggers)
along the duration of the slide.

Hope I made myself clear...

Cheers,

Fabrizio

--
Fabrizio Ferri Benedetti
Departamento de Psicología Evolutiva y Educativa