Sending a trigger during a stimulus' presentation

Fabrizio Ferri Benedetti Fabrizio.Ferri at uv.es
Mon Jan 29 22:26:25 UTC 2007

 Hi Peter,

> what are you sending triggers to? EEG unit?

 Yes.

> if accuracy or no response is all the info you
> want, why not just blend behavioural file with
> EEG for sorting purposes.

 I'm not sure about what you mean by "blending"; of course, comparing an
E-Prime output file with 500 stimuli with an equivalent EEG recording,
can be quite a painful task if done manually. That's why I wanted to
display the response in the EEG recording even during the inter stimulus
interval.

>e-prime executes code sequentially, so can't send triggers in the
> middle of an object that is executing

Bad news then :-(

 Thanks anyway,

       Fabrizio

> At 04:38 AM 30/01/2007, you wrote:
>
> >Hi!
> >
> >I'll try to make it simple:
> >
> >- In my procedure, an InLine BEFORE the stimulus
> >send a start trigger via serial port using OnSet
> >method; an InLine AFTER the stimulus send
> >triggers accounting for accuracy or lack of
> >response (as the subject's answer terminates the slide)
> >
> >-In the same procedure, there is also a
> >fixed-time pause after the stimulus. It happens
> >that the subject may answer during the pause,
> >and not during the stimulus. Now, as the pause
> >(an empty slide) can't be terminated by the
> >subject's answer, every trigger I process with
> >an InLine after the pause itself will always be sent after the pause.
> >
> >Is there any way to send triggers (or perform
> >actions) if the subject answers during the
> >presentation of a stimulus
> >(slide/text/pause/etc)? That is: I don't want
> >the answer to terminate the stimulus or pause; I
> >just want the answer to perform scripted actions
> >(like sending triggers) along the duration of the slide.
> >
> >Hope I made myself clear...
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Fabrizio
> >
> >--
> >Fabrizio Ferri Benedetti
> >Departamento de Psicología Evolutiva y Educativa
> >Facultad de Psicología
> >Universidad de Valencia
> >http://www.uv.es/fafebe
> >

> >--