Port value out of range

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon Mar 5 04:36:50 UTC 2007

Hi all,

     I have a simple, yet annoying problem. I'm using a NI-DAQ to send a
5-VDC TTL trigger to a TMS machine. When I set the port address and send
the pulse using WritePort, I get my pulse (I have a voltmeter on the
output pin). If, however, I try to use the OnsetSignal process, I get a
runtime error telling me "10008: Port value out of range" while setting
OnsetSignalPort.

    Now, the port value is a little unusual (&hFFE0) since I am
addressing a NI PCMCIA card ... but the address is clearly valid (as
exemplified by the WritePort exercise ... and verified by checking in
the device manager). Does anyone have any idea why OnsetSignal is having
a problem with this address?

Thanks,

-Jim

--