Auditory sound presentation

David Hairston dhair at wfubmc.edu
Wed Mar 21 16:03:26 UTC 2007

I can think of two ways to solve this offhand.
The most direct way would be to just edit your .wav files so that they
include they actually last exactly 4000 ms; on that 2500 ms stim, just
add 750 ms of silence to the beginning and end. You can do this in
GoldWave with about 2 clicks.
Another route to go would be add a Wait object before and after the
sound. In the primary List object, change the Wait duration according to
the stimulus sound length so that it all balances out. On any that need
no extra silence, just make the duration 0. *one note* - the actual
duration of the wait in these won't be 0, it will be 1 monitor refresh
rate, maybe 15 ms or so.