Auditory sound presentation

Kate Dupuis kated at psych.utoronto.ca
Wed Mar 21 15:56:14 UTC 2007

Hello all

I have a problem concerning presenting sound files in my experiment.

The entire presentation time of each of my SoundOut objects is 4000 msec.
However, my stimuli are typically not exactly 4000 msec long, therefore I
will have a period of silence before and after the stimulus. For example,
if Sound 1 is only 2500 msec long, I will have to have 750 msec of silence
before and after sound 1 is presented. If sound 2 is 3000 msec long, I
will have to have 500 msec of silence before and after it is presented.

The period of silence before and after the stimulus is played within that
4000 msec period will vary according to the length of each stimulus. How
do I tell EPrime how many msec of silence to present on each trial? That
is my question.

Thank you,

Kate
--