how to call other exe file in Eprime?

Matt Lenhart matt.lenhart at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 14:11:14 UTC 2007

Hello,

Please take a look at the new sample I added, ModalShellExecute.es.
This method will work for some applications. The file suspends E-
Prime, opens Notepad, and then resumes the experiment once Notepad is
closed. You will simply need to replace Notepad with the application
you desire.

In general, many of our users have been able to use this sample to run
various applications, but specific testing by PST for applications
other than Notepad has not been performed. Keep in mind that
additional programming may be required to allow the following sample
to work with the external application you want to use.

- Matt
PST Technical Consultant
http://pstnet.com