how to call other exe file in Eprime?

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Nov 6 15:46:23 UTC 2007

Matt's response should help you to call an external .exe (thanks,
Matt), however...

At 11/5/2007 10:12 PM Monday, Chunhui Chen wrote:
>I have a special device, it not only used as response switch, but
>also used as a signal generator, I used VB script not only detact a
>key press but also receive a signal from the device. VB script
>fulfill this by calling an executive function.

If you only need to read a digital signal from the device, why not
just use E-Prime's built-in "ReadPort()" function?  You had to use an
external .exe in VB because VB does not provide any functions to read
from or write to arbitrary I/O ports, but one of the virtues of
E-Prime is that this ability is already built in with the added
ReadPort() and WritePort methods.  You might want to give that a try.

---
David McFarlane, Systems Designer
Dept. Psychology, Michigan State University
mcfarla9 at msu.edu    www.msu.edu/~mcfarla9
Voice: (517) 353-0799    Fax: (517) 353-1652