how to call other exe file in Eprime?

Matt Lenhart matt.lenhart at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 17:35:09 UTC 2007

As for using a USB device, E-Prime does not directly support
communications with the USB bus. However, E-Prime can call into DLL
functions and can use the CreateObject API to attach to some COM
objects. The best advice we can give you, if you choose to use the
DLL- faciliated USB connection, is to refer to the Declare statement
in E-Basic Help. Before attempting to do this, however, we stress that
even if communication can be obtained, we worry about the accuracy of
the timing for what you will receive. This would, however, at least
allow you to communicate with the device without using an external
application.

If the device is recognized as a serial device in Windows, you can use
E-Prime's built-in serial port communication functions.

- Matt