First time E Prime

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Nov 15 20:38:49 UTC 2007

Richard,

>Ah, I'm still on E-prime 1.2x or something, thanks very much for the
>response. Do you know if this SoundIn object is present in E-prime 2.0
>or just E-prime 2.0 professional?

PST web page says that SoundIn is available with both Pro and non-Pro
flavors of 2.0, see here:  www.pstnet.com/products/e%2Dprime/.

In case you are thinking of upgrading, you should know that the two
flavors are not compatible -- non-Pro will not use programs made in
Pro, and Pro might use non-Pro versions but only through some
tortuous editing procedures (I will post a separate message about
this to the list soon).  PST will not tell you this, at least they
did not tell us, we found out the hard way.  When I spoke again to
PST staff today, I learned that the non-Pro version is not a serious
offering, it is only meant for those who really have absolutely no
more money to spend, otherwise you are supposed to buy
Professional.  This could create havoc if you ever collaborate with
others who do not use the same flavor of 2.0 as you.  Fair warning.

>On Nov 12, 7:10 pm, David McFarlane <mcfar... at msu.edu> wrote:
> > >I have already got E-prime playing my audio stimuli, but I don't
> know how to
> > >make it record responses to these
> >
> > What version of E-Prime are you using?  Audio recording was just
> > added in E-Prime 2.0 (the SoundIn object), it is not available in
> versions 1.x.

-- David

---
David McFarlane, Systems Designer
Dept. Psychology, Michigan State University
mcfarla9 at msu.edu    www.msu.edu/~mcfarla9
Voice: (517) 353-0799    Fax: (517) 353-1652