parallel port won't initialize to 0

Taylor Newton taylor.newton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 17:20:47 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm using a BioPac system with Eprime triggering events through the
parallel port to digital channels D8-D15.  Everything works great, but
channel D15 is always on (equals 1).  The same is true for digital
channels D0-D7.  I can't get 8 channels at one time to initialize to 0
so that I can get correct trigger numbers.  Any ideas?  Is this an
eprime problem?

This is the script I am using to initilize the port:

WritePort &H378, 0

Dim StartTime1 as Single
Dim TimerDuration1 as Single

TimerDuration1 = .005
StartTime1 = Timer

do
WritePort &H0378, 99
Loop Until Timer > StartTime1 + TimerDuration1

WritePort &H0378,0

And then to send the triggers:

WritePort &H378, 0
WritePort &H378, c.getattrib("Trigger")