E-Prime 2.0 price list

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Nov 20 21:03:44 UTC 2007

My apologies for this repost, but as I said originally I found the
E-Prime 2.0 price list on the PST web site horribly confusing.  As it
turns out I transposed two of the prices under Full Price, and this
made it look like Professional full price is only $100 more than
non-Pro, whereas it is actually $200 more.  Here is the entire (and I
hope this time fully correct) price list again, in all its
detail.  (Tip:  The following table may look better with a fixed-width font.)

Full price:
      Up to 31 Dec 2007
          non-Professional    $695
          Professional        $895
      After 31 Dec 2007
          non-Professional    $795
          Professional        $995

E-Prime 1.x purchases made before 1 Dec 2004 are "non-eligible",
which is PST-speak for qualifying for some upgrade pricing but not
the best, not to be confused with "full price":
      Up to 31 Dec 2007
          non-Professional    $395
          Professional        $495
      After 31 Dec 2007
          non-Professional    $495 (still less than full price)
          Professional        $595 (still less than full price)

E-Prime 1.x purchases made between 1 Dec 2004 and 1 Oct 2007 are
"eligible", which is PST-speak for qualifying for the best upgrade
pricing  (Gary Schrock at MSU informs me that "eligible" should be
taken to mean "eligible for a 'free' upgrade"):
      Up to 31 Dec 2007
          Professional        $295
      After 31 Dec 2007
          Professional        $395
      Up to 1 Apr 2008
          non-Professional    "Free" (see extended note below)
      After 1 Apr 2008
          non-Professional    $495 (i.e., same as "non-eligible", see above)
          Professional        $595 (i.e., same as "non-eligible", see above)

The "free" upgrade to non-Pro needs some explanation.  You have two
choices:  (1) Pay shipping to send your 1.x hardware key back to PST,
they will exchange it for a special key that allows you to run either
1.x or 2.0 non-Pro on one computer;  (2) Pay $30 to have PST send you
a new key to run 2.0 non-Pro -- you keep your old 1.x key, allowing
you to run both 1.x and 2.0 non-Pro on one or two computers.