Trackball Response Device

Aaron astegner53706 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 30 20:40:48 UTC 2007

Hello all.

I'm writing for suggestions on how to incorporate a trackball response
unit (Current Designs, Model #HH-TRK-1) into my E-Prime protocol. I am
testing in an MR environment and so a standard trackball mouse will
not work. I have written other scripts which successfully employed
other Current Designs response units, in particular a 4-button press,
by simply adding port and serial devices. The present protocol is an
adjusted version of the VisualAnalogScale.es script published on the
PST site (Canvas Proc). I thought by changing the port setting to have
the device emulate a mouse that I would have an easy solution. Not so.
The cursor does not respond to movement of the trackball, but E-Prime
does register the button presses from the trackball unit. What am I
missing? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Aaron