How to interface a MIDI keyboard with E-Prime

Alain M. Desrochers damch at uottawa.ca
Wed Sep 12 12:01:49 UTC 2007

Hello E-Prime users,

I am calling on the expertise of the E-Prime user community for
suggestions on how to interface a digital keyboard (piano) with E-Prime.
I would like to investigate how piano students learn to decode musical
notation. To do so I would like to present musical score on the monitor
and record participants' responses through a digital keyboard with a
MIDI interface. The primary hurdle to overcome is to get E-Prime to
receive and record responses to the keyboard with accurate time stamping
and response detail (e.g., the key chosen, the force applied, the
duration of the key press). May I ask for suggestions, recommendations
or directions on how such an interface could be developed? Thank you in
advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Alain Desrochers

School of Psychology