moving the mailing list

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Sat Sep 29 23:39:36 UTC 2007

Dear E-Prime Readers,

     I have been finding that administration of the E-Prime mailing
list through the mailing system here at CMU is taking up a bit too
much of my time, particularly because I have been traveling a lot
lately.  Unfortunately, CMU doesn't provide me a good way to allow
users to control their own subscribing and unsubscribing without my
hand intervention.  So, I have been thinking about the possibility of
moving the mailing list to Google Groups, where these processes are
controlled by the individual subscriber.  However, before exploring
this possibility, I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in
taking over administration through their own local university mail
system.  If you are interested, please contact me directly
(macw at cmu.edu).
    I would also like to draw people's attention to the PST User
Forum at http://www.pstnet.com/forum which can also serve many of the
same functions currently being served by the eprime at mail.talkbank.org
mailing list. That forum has been operative now for over a year and
has been well received.

  -- Brian MacWhinney, Psychology, CMU