Randomization

Schmid, Petra: Neuchâtel petra.schmid at unine.ch
Tue Apr 1 14:37:30 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a randomization problem:

I have 96 pictures that will be presented in four blocks, block A, B,
C, and D. Each of the blocks will have a fixed stimuli set consisting
of 24 stimuli. Like that we will have 4 x  24 stimuli. Block A will
always be the first to be presented followed by the blocks B, C and
D.  Within a block, all 24 stimuli will be presented for the same
time. However, stimuli presentation time (either 100 ms, 2000 ms, 8000
ms or participants' decision) will be randomly assigned to the
different blocks so that all participants will have the same order of
blocks, but the presentation time for the different blocks will differ
between participants. How can I realize that in E-Prime?

Thank you very much for your answers!
Petra