nested to nested...

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Mon Apr 28 19:06:50 UTC 2008

Stefania,

>I was wandering if it is possible to refer to a nested list from
>another nested list (yeah I know... it is a kludge, I am working on a
>script which is supposed to be elegant but it takes time...). So,
>stimuli are picked up from an attribute [Letter] that is located on a
>nested list "TargetList". Some levels of the "Letter" attribute are
>referring to another attribute [LetterR] that is located on the nested
>list "RandomLetterList". A run-time error occurred: Factor Error-989.
>Cannot resolve [LetterR] in this context...

Just for fun, using EP1 I made a quick demo with nested lists in
nested lists, i.e.,
List1
     List2
         List3
             List4

and an attribute in each list for display.  No problem.  So it can be
done, don't know what causes your Factor Error-989.  I would first
look to make sure that there is no collision of the same attribute
names from multiple lists, or circular chain of attribute
references.  Then again, I just purposely introduced a circular
reference, and that produced the error, "Factor Error:  Circular
attribute reference: ... references itself in this context.
...  Error Number:-992", so I guess that's not your problem.