getting started with script

Susan G. Campbell scampbell at casl.umd.edu
Mon Apr 28 19:54:44 UTC 2008

I don't remember how good the manual is, though the E-Basic Help from within the program is useful, especially if you have a question that's specific to E-Prime, not to VBA (on which E-Basic is based) in general.

I also found the O'Reilly book on VBA very useful when I was doing more E-Prime programming than I do now; the one I have is called VB & VBA in a Nutshell: The Language.  It's from 1998, but I don't think E-Basic has changed very much since then.

For instance, I used that book when I needed to know how to specify colors that don't have names in E-Prime, since it could tell me how VBA represents colors (and the E-Basic Help was silent on the issue, as far as I could tell).  I imagine any book on VBA would do -- I just liked that one because it's got an alphabetical listing of the various components of the language; I wasn't interested in a tutorial, just a reference.

Hope this helps,
Susan