getting started with script

Michiel Spape MSpape at FSW.leidenuniv.nl
Mon Apr 28 23:38:17 UTC 2008

Hi all,
There's also my little tutorial-style coursebook: http://herr.tegendemuur.nl/binding/AnEPrimer.pdf . I can't claim it's incredibly accurate, and you have to be able to cope with a number of bad jokes, needless anecdotes, and fanaticism for conflict/control experiments, but it tends to do the trick for my students as well as some colleagues. By the end of summer, it should be fully corrected, and be based on E-Prime2 style as well as contain a number of useful appendices on SR-Box, Tobi-Eyetracking and the like.
Cheers,

Michiel Spapé

________________________________

Van: e-prime at googlegroups.com namens Susan G. Campbell
Verzonden: ma 28-4-2008 21:54
Aan: e-prime at googlegroups.com; e-prime at googlegroups.com
Onderwerp: RE: getting started with script

I don't remember how good the manual is, though the E-Basic Help from within the program is useful, especially if you have a question that's specific to E-Prime, not to VBA (on which E-Basic is based) in general.

I also found the O'Reilly book on VBA very useful when I was doing more E-Prime programming than I do now; the one I have is called VB & VBA in a Nutshell: The Language.  It's from 1998, but I don't think E-Basic has changed very much since then.

For instance, I used that book when I needed to know how to specify colors that don't have names in E-Prime, since it could tell me how VBA represents colors (and the E-Basic Help was silent on the issue, as far as I could tell).  I imagine any book on VBA would do -- I just liked that one because it's got an alphabetical listing of the various components of the language; I wasn't interested in a tutorial, just a reference.

Hope this helps,
Susan