Feedback after each trial of two stimuli (dual-task)

ms annh_22 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 14:14:45 UTC 2008

I would appreciate it if you could help me with the following as what
I am trying to do does not seem to work:
Participants will see a pair of shapes (a circle followed by a square,
and vice versa). Each shape will be presented for a few ms. The square
is the target and can be either blue or green. Participants' task is
to press a Blue or Green button on a buttonbox when the square is blue
or green respectively. I will have 16 trials, so I want 4 with the
circle presented first and the blue square second, 4 with the circle
presented first and the green square second, 4 with the blue square
first and the circle second, and 4 with the green square first and the
circle second.
What I find difficult to do is give participants FEEDBACK after each
trial. If to get feedback I can only specify one input image, how can
feedback be calculated when there are 2 images in this dual task???
I would appreciate any help as I am stuck...