Stroop experiment, a number of issues to be resolved.

Psychologue fahadahmad100 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 16:43:59 UTC 2008

Hello Mr.Ben Meyers,

  Thank you for the help. The only problem I am still unable to solve
is the bar graph. Can you be more "Explicit" in the
solution you provide, since I am E-prime newbie and not an expert.
  I gather there are two ways to create a continous bar graph. Here's
a response from Mr.McFarlane to Dina.
Can you explain clearly how I could implement the bar graph continous
feedback in the e-prime experiment using the slide or framesize method
or the inline script canvas.rectangle method?

1.Using the slide method."To add a bar chart, you probably want to use
slides.  If you are very
careful with frame sizes you might be able to add new screens without
overwriting the bar graph, otherwise just add the bar graph as a slide
element wherever you need it.Here is how I created a simple bar
display for one program.  On a
SlideImage, I added an empty text sub-object.  On that sub-object I
made the BackColor something visible (e.g., red), gave it some
constant width, then made the height an attribute reference (e.g.,
[BarHt]).  Then I had to add some inline script using c.SetAttrib to
set BarHt as appropriate each time.  That made a variable height bar,
but you will have to work out the math details yourself. To add a
frame around the variable height bar, I added another empty text sub-
object.  I made it the same width as the bar, set its height to the
maximum bar height, gave it a positive border width, and set
its BackStyle to transparent.  I superimposed it on the bar, and set
its layer position to in front of the bar.  Voila, a nice
variable-height bar in a fixed frame.

My Question: *2.However, In one condition(a seperate e-prime
experiment) same setup
in terms of training sessions and phases but with feedback(the
Individualized and adaptive feedback condition). -"This condition has
a bar graph that remains displayed throughout the entire training
session and keeps track of current performance relative to the average
of previous performance on the same type of trial (i.e. if the
participant's reaction time on the third neutral trial is 1500ms and
the average of the first two neutral trials is 900ms, the bar graph
for neutral trials should increase in size and turn red)". How would I
code this in E-Prime?*

I could write the canvas.rectangle script in inline, but how would the
rectangle be changed according to the reaction times
of the participant? How would I do this using the frame size method?

Thank you for your help again
Fahad