defining valid combinations

Victor t1msky at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 12:09:50 UTC 2008

Hi

I am relatively new to eprime and trying to build an experiment where
people are asked to try and find the correct combination to a lock.
Participants are asked to input 4 numbers (1-4) and then press enter.
Each number can only be used once in each entry, so there are 24
possible valid responses. The correct combination will be defined as
the 5th distinct response that is entered and subsequently rewarded
each time it is input over approx 100 trials.

What i would like to know is how to define valid responses and return
an error message if an invalid response is input?
I would also like to know how to record correct responses based on the
5th distinct response input by the participant?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Tim