Processing Speed in SSD task

Zach zachary.d.cohen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 20:51:42 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,
       I have a stop signal delay task in which I used the following
line of code to set the duration of my slides:

dim duration as long
dim stopduration as long

If SSDArrowLeft.RT > 0 Then
stopduration = 0
c.SetAttrib "stopduration", stopduration
duration = 1000 - SSDArrowLeft.RT
c.SetAttrib "duration", duration

Else
dim SSDtimeleft as long
SSDtimeleft = CLng(c.GetAttrib("SSDtimeleft"))
stopduration = 1000 - SSDtimeleft
c.SetAttrib "stopduration", stopduration

End If

This code follows a slide called SSDArrowLeft which has a duration of
either 100, 150, 200, or 250ms, and terminates upon response. If the
user doesn't respond, a stopsignal slide is presented. If they manage
to respond during this time, the goal is to skip this stopsignal slide
by setting its duration to 0. I believe this should work and has
worked in the past, but for some reason when this program is run and a
response is made during the SSDArrowLeft slide I see a flicker of the
stopsignal slide. Could this be the computer or program is simply slow
and presents the stopsignal slide for a few miliseconds while it
proccesses, or is there something wrong with my code structure? I fear
the latter, but hope more experienced users like yourselves might have
run into this problem before and might have a solution.

I greatly appreciate your time and advice, and have relied heavily on
this forum and past postings to educate myself about eprime.

Sincere thanks,
-Zachary Cohen