Processing Speed in SSD task

ben robinson baltimore.ben at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 16:51:02 UTC 2008

rather than

If SSDArrowLeft.RT > 0 Then
stopduration = 0
c.SetAttrib "stopduration", stopduration

try instead

If SSDArrowLeft.RT > 0 Then
Goto Label1

and put a Label object (Label1) on your procedure timeline immediately
following the stop signal slide.  this will cause the script to skip your
stop signal slide if an appropriate response is made.

you're seeing the stop signal flicker on the screen, despite a duration of 0
milliseconds, because the code is still requesting that the stop signal be
drawn to the screen.  the fact that the duration is 0 just means that it
won't remain on screen following the first screen refresh after it's first
drawn.

hope that helps.

ben