SetWeight question

Nicole Anderson nanderson at klaru-baycrest.on.ca
Wed Dec 10 17:52:29 UTC 2008

Hi Andree-Ann

Try adding this after your code (should be ok after all the changes)

StudyOne.Reset

If that doesn't work, then it should be possible to have weights fixed as
1
2
3
1
2
3
or
1
1
1
2
2
2
Whichever ensures that condition and weight are in sync. Then with random
selection all should be ok.

Cheers,

Nicole

andreeann Cyr wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a question about how to set the value of weights in a list.
>
> The program initially reads into a text file and I want the weight
> value to change to correspond to a value in another column (i.e.
> "Cond" in this case).
>
> Right now, I have the following code (StudyOne is my list):
>
> If   StudyOne.GetAttrib(i, "Cond") = "1" then
>     StudyOne.SetWeight i, 1
> End if
>
> If   StudyOne.GetAttrib(i, "Cond") = "2" then
>     StudyOne.SetWeight i, 2
> End if
>
> And so forth....
>
> And it's not working! The weight values remain at 1. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance :)
>
> Andrée-Ann
>
> --
> "I have access to the alterity of the Other from the society I
> maintain with him, and not by quitting this relation in order to
> reflect on its terms." (Levinas)

Nicole D. Anderson, PhD, CPsych
Associate Professor, Psychiatry and Psychology, University of Toronto
Scientist, Kunin-Lunenfeld Applied Research Unit, Baycrest
3560 Bathurst Street
Toronto, Ontario  M6A 2E1
Phone: (416) 785-2500 x3366
Fax: (416) 785-2862