Randimization without replacement in blocks

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Feb 5 19:57:20 UTC 2008

Just to complete this thread, here is a later message from Noga...

David,

I think the problem is solved (in a "magic" way that I don't
understand) - I ran the experiment again and the list doesn't renew
itself on each block. I checked the sequential order like you offered
and on each block the list started from the point it stoped in the
previous block and not from the first line. When I changed back to
Random the experiment worked just fine! I will run it again a few
more times to be sure.. but I think it is ok now..

If you are still interested -my experiment design is:
BlockList (BlocProc 1,2,3)
BlockProc
TrialList (Nested - List1,List2) (*I have two pictures lists)
List1 (Random order)
List2 (Random order)
TaskTrialProc
(stimuli)
BreakBetweenBlocks (Text)

Thanks very much for your help! I wonder what happened that fixed the
problem...

Noga