Continuing SoundOut with changing Word display

Mike mscullin521 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 20:07:30 UTC 2008

Hi,
I'm trying to program a lexical decision task that involves a few
hundred trials of deciding whether a string of letters forms a word or
nonword. I've designed it so that when you press a designated key the
screen moves onto the next word (or nonword).

My problem is that I want to play a .wav file throughout the
experiment. I don't want it to begin and end on each trial but to
actually last for the entire block of the lexical decision task. There
doesn't need to be any allowable response made what's played on
the .wav file, I just want it to play in the background. Is there a
way to do this?

Thanks,
Michael