Samples per second

Michiel Spape MSpape at FSW.leidenuniv.nl
Tue Jan 29 09:02:36 UTC 2008

Hello Doug,

The sample-rate can be compared to the resolution of image files (but temporally, so not quite the same thing). If you want to be on the safe side, use the highest resolution available, 44.1 khz, which is the same as cd audio quality. I'd recommend never using anything lower than that, and preferably not upsampling to this samplerate but instead just recording at this, or higher, rate. E-Prime can only go to 44.1 khz, stereo files, set in the properties of the audio device (edit > experiment), and to my knowledge not 'switch' between samplerates (not that it is part of your question, but should you be wondering about it).

Cheers,

Michiel M. Spapé
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition and Leiden Institute for Psychological Research

________________________________

Van: e-prime at googlegroups.com namens DG
Verzonden: di 29-1-2008 4:45
Aan: E-Prime
Onderwerp: Samples per second

Hi,

We're trying to play a sound file as auditory stimulus, but are
getting an error at runtime which indicates that we're using an
incorrect sampling rate for the WAV file.  How many samples per second
should we be using for E-Prime version 1.2.1.844?  I can just resample
the file accordingly.

Thanks,
Doug

the system manager.