Delayed Matching to Sample

jongretar jon.sigurjonsson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 15:49:49 UTC 2008

Hi E-Primers,

I'm having difficulty figuring out how to tell E-Prime to do a delayed
Matching to Sample (MTS) procedure. My protocol is like this:

A sample (A1, A2 or A3) is presented at the top of the screen
500 ms ISI
Two comparisons appear below the sample with the sample still visible
till the participant chooses one of the comparisons.
The sample will be one of three possible images (A1, A2 and A3) while
the correct comparison will be either B1 B2 or B3 (depending on the
sample) and the other comparison will be a foil.

I've figured out how to do this using a regular MTS procedure but the
delayed part is giving me a headache. Any ideas?

Thanks a million,
Jón