different presentation times

Susan G. Campbell scampbell at casl.umd.edu
Tue Jul 15 16:01:28 UTC 2008

Hi Jotapan,

You're right, I think.  What you might try, though, is a combination of
David's idea and Mayahana's -- you can create a single list with two
rows, Duration=2000 and Duration=5000, then nest another list within it
that contains the actual words.  So you'd have two randomized lists
(excuse my formatting if this doesn't come out fixed-width):

PresentationList:
Weight	Nested	StimDuration	PresentWord
2		WordList	2000			[SelectWord]
2		WordList	5000			[SelectWord]

WordList:
SelectWord
Lion
Tiger
Bear
Oh My

Note that unless you want to have every pair include a 2s and a 5s,
you'd need to make the weights on the 2-row list greater than 1 -- if
you'd like to present a total of 10, make the weights 5 and 5, for
instance.

For a sample script with a countdown clock, I'd try this from the PST
sample library:
http://www.pstnet.com/e-prime/support/samples.asp?Mode=View&SampleID=40

HTH,
Susan