Stroop experiment, a number of issues to be resolved.

Psychologue fahadahmad100 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 02:53:29 UTC 2008

Hi Everyone,

I am assisting a Master's student with a stroop experiment. I was able
to set up the six training sessions with each consisting of three
phases.There are also three conditions in terms of degree of feedback
of performance.
My questions which I need answered:

1.I would have to set up six blocks(or blocklists) representing the
six training sessions?

*2.However, In one condition(a seperate e-prime experiment) same setup
in terms of training sessions and phases but with feedback(the
Individualized and adaptive feedback condition). -"This condition has
a bar graph that remains displayed throughout the entire training
session and keeps track of current performance relative to the average
of previous performance on the same type of trial (i.e. if the
participant's reaction time on the third neutral trial is 1500ms and
the average of the first two neutral trials is 900ms, the bar graph
for neutral trials should increase in size and turn red)". How would I
code this in E-Prime?*

3.There are six training sessions in total. So there are  six blocks
in the Stroop experiment. Training session 1(contains acquisition
phase,practice phase and test phase), Training session 2(contains
acquisition, practice and test phase) , and so on (same thing).
My question is if the the participant is doing ONLY Training session
2, how to run only that particular training session or the particular
block of code or block in the stroop experiment?Do you have to code in
the visual basic script to tell E-Prime to only run that particular
session? I don't know how to do this.

4. If I want summary feedback which displays the subjects average
response time and the average percent correct at the very end of the
testing phase for a training session.
How would I do this. The feedback display would be only displayed at
the end of the testing phase, and display average response time and
average response times of subjects performance on all the trials in
the testing phase. There should be no feedback displays in between
trials.

Any Help is much appreciated
Thank you
Fahad