including stimuli that only appears in half trials, randomly

Bjørn Sætrevik satrevik at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 13:24:26 UTC 2008

Hi,

There are probably a number of ways you could solve this, but I guess
an easy fix would be like this:

Have a list that contains all the 40 words you want to present. This
list can run randomly or sequential according to your design demands.
For each level of this list, have a procedure that presents the word,
then contains a list with three levels, and make this list run
sequentially: the first level should run procedure A and have a weight
of six, the second level should run procedure B and have a a weight of
one, and the third level should run procedure A and have a weight of
six. Procedure A should record a single response to the presented
word. Procedure B should contain a list with two levels (selected
randomly): One level does nothing, while the other level asks your
question about strategy.

If the explanation is a bit hard to follow, I can email you a mock-up
of the programmed design.

Kind regards,
Bjørn Sætrevik