cross modal lexical priming

f.adani f.adani at campus.unimib.it
Thu Jun 19 18:51:42 UTC 2008

Thanks for your help David.
Now I have a script that seems to run but I want to make sure that I
am measuring the correct response times.
Hope you can help with this as well.

I have a SOUND OUT OBJECT (aurally presented sentence) which has the
following properties:
End Sound Action: none
Duration: it reads the value in the nested list, where I wrote the
number when I want the visual probe to appear
Data Logging: none
Timing mode: event
Prerelease: 100
Nothing is set in the input mask

Both value in the Sync tag are set on none

As for the TEXT DISPLAY OBJECT (probe), I set the following
parameters:
Clear after: yes
Duration: 500 (time I want it on the screen)
Data Logging: Standard
Timing mode: Event
Prerelease: 0
Input masks: I selected the keyboard (unfortunately I don't have a
response box), set the correct parameters in Allowable and Correct BUT
I am not sure whether the two following fields are correct:
Time limit: infinite
End Action: none

Sync tag: Onset:vertical blank; Offset: none

After the probe object I put another text display that is all black
but it waits for the subject to press the space bar in order to move
to the next sentence.

My questions are:
Is the probe object set correctly?
Which is the value in the response sheet that I'll have to consider
for RTs: Probe.OnsetTime OR probe.RT OR probe.RTTime ?

At present, if the space bar is pressed while is still playing, next
sentence file starts to play.
I'd like to change this and wait for the end of the current sentence
in order for the next sentence to play (regardless of whether the
subject press the space bar in advance or not).
What should I do?

Thank you very much. Hope my issues are stated clearly.
flavia