cross modal lexical priming

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Jun 19 20:34:23 UTC 2008

Flavia,

>I am not sure whether the two following fields are correct:
>Time limit: infinite

This just means that E-Prime will take a response any time after the
probe is presented, even after the probe is gone, so this is OK.

>End Action: none

Just means that the probe will last 500 ms even if the response comes
before 500 ms.

>After the probe object I put another text display that is all black
>but it waits for the subject to press the space bar in order to move
>to the next sentence.
>
>My questions are:
>Is the probe object set correctly?

Looks OK to me.

>Which is the value in the response sheet that I'll have to consider
>for RTs: Probe.OnsetTime OR probe.RT OR probe.RTTime ?

Probe.RT gives you the RT from the start of the probe until the key
press (presumably something other than {SPACE}, since you use that
for the next object).  That is probably what you want.

>At present, if the space bar is pressed while is still playing, next
>sentence file starts to play.
>I'd like to change this and wait for the end of the current sentence
>in order for the next sentence to play (regardless of whether the
>subject press the space bar in advance or not).
>What should I do?

Try this:  Give it a Duration long enough for your audio to finish,
set Time Limit to (same as duration), and End Action to (none),

Hope this helps,