Problem with huge list

James Keidel keidel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 18:18:23 UTC 2008

this will have to be done in pseudocode because I have totally
forgotten eprime syntax and am not on a win machine at the moment:

Dim Probe (9) As Integer

for i from 0 to 9

Digits(i) = i

end for

for i from 1 to numberOfRows

RandomizeArray Digits

for i from 0 to 4

List1.setAtrrib(row num, digit_i%, Digits(i%))

endfor

' now if it is a trial where the target is in the nums presented

if (something)

List1.setAtrrib(row num, , Digits(i% + 1))

else

pick a random # from 0-4, assign it to some int r%

List1.setAtrrib(row num, , Digits(%r))

end if

end for

hope that helps

look in the e-basic manual for the syntax for setting an attribute in
a list.  oh, and also, you should add the rows to your list in the
script as well-- do that with a for loop from 2 to the number of Rows
(since row 1 already exists) then fill up those rows with the above
script and you're off.  the way to add rows will also be on the
e-basic manual page for the List Object.

JK