Windows Vista

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Mar 18 19:26:07 UTC 2008

Pedro,

>I would like to ask the Forum if the E-prime works fine with Windows Vista.
>Will only the E-Prime 2.0 or 2.0 Pro will work with Windows Vista or
>other older E-Prime versions, like 1.1 will work as well also?

Thanks for asking.  I have run both EP2, "standard" and Pro, and
EP1.2 under Vista.  This is on a deveopment system, I'm not sure that
I would recommend Vista for running experiments.  EP2 under Vista
gives us frequent "sound timed out" errors even in the middle of
experiment runs, don't know if the problem is EP2 or Vista (PST has
not responded to our request yet).  The one problem I had running
EP1.2 under Vista was the SRBox driver, but once I installed the
SRBox driver from EP2 it also worked with EP1.2.  Also,
RefreshClockTest shows significant errors on my machine, but I don't
know if that's a problem with Vista or just that I have never tuned
my machine for EP.

So EP2 standard/Pro & EP1.2 under Vista are good enough for my
development system, and we will have to hear from others about using
this setup for running experiments.

David McFarlane, Professional Faultfinder