Problems with sound + E-Prime 2 + Vista?

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu May 8 19:47:44 UTC 2008

Dear All,

We are trying to play sounds with E-Prime 2 (Pro or non-Pro).  We
have problems doing this on all our Vista machines, anything from
excessive onset delays (many seconds) to "sound timed out" errors
that crash the experiment.  The same programs run flawlessly with EP2 under XP.

So I just want to take a little survey to find out whether we are alone:

1) Does anybody else play sounds with EP2 (either Pro or non-Pro)
under Vista?  (This does not include sounds played as part of a movie/video.)

2) When you do, do you ever get errors during the run?

3) What sort of onset delays do you get before the sounds play?

If you reply directly to me I will summarize and post results for the
group.  Thank you.

---
David McFarlane, Systems Designer
Dept. Psychology, Michigan State University
mcfarla9 at msu.edu    www.msu.edu/~mcfarla9
Voice: (517) 353-0799    Fax: (517) 353-1652