looping sounds

David K McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Sat May 10 15:51:47 UTC 2008

David McFarlane wrote:
>>I tried this code, trying to adapt what you all gave me:
>>
>>If (toneCount <= 5) And (TrainingSound2.RESP <> "") Then
>>         Goto Label4 (where Label 4 was placed before the Start Screen)
>>Else
>>         toneCount = 0
>>End If
>
> Indeed, the "... And (TrainingSound2.RESP <> "")" means it will never
> stop without a response.

Oops, I misread that the first time.  The "... And (TrainingSound2.RESP <>
"")" really means that it will repeat the training sounds *only* if there
*is* a response *and* it has not yet done it five times.  But this does not
correspond to the behavior that you report, so I suspect that the first
line of script was mis-copied.  No matter, as by now you no doubt have your
program working with the help you've gotten.

Regards,
 -- David McFarlane, Professional Faultfinder, trying to correct the record