Self-paced exp. Can you help me?

José Luiz Davert jl.davert at gmail.com
Sat May 31 15:57:28 UTC 2008

Hi, folks!
I've read some discussions in this group that helped me a lot, but I still
couldn't create my own experiment.

I'm creating a self-paced reading and, in order to do so, i think need some
help...

First of all, the only idea i had to create a self-paced reading was to
create 7 attributes, each one correspondig to a "piece" of the sentence i
want to show.
Then, i created 4 nested lists in my trial list: 2 lists for the itens i'm
controlling and other two for the distractors.

It would work perfectly if in all these lists i needed the same number of
attributes, but that's not the situation. The first 2 lists have 7
attributes, the third one has 10 (the sentences are longer, so i had to
break them in more pieces), and in the other, besides having 10 atribbutes,
i have yes/no questions to which i need to enter the correct answer value.

As I have to specify in the Trial List the nuumber of attributes, i dont
know what to do!!

Do you think the nested list is the best option for this kind of experiment?

thanks

José Luiz