Solutions for Script too Large Error

MemoryLabSHU lloydlabshu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 20:23:09 UTC 2008

I am looking for some advice on a program that is giving me the
aforementioned error. Subjects are reading portions of sentences and
this is being timed. The sentences are paired with musical phrases.
Originally I used a different list for each sentence and that seems to
be the problem causing the error (an idea suggested by similar answers
in this group). Thus, I need help on how to do this with only one
list.

The problem is that sentences vary in length and thus need between
5-11 attributes in a list. After participants read the sentence there
is a comprehension question. Is there a way to program such that
unneeded attributes for shorter sentences are skipped and the program
moves directly to the comprehension screen? The only 2 solutions I
could come up with is to have dummy screens before the comprehension
but that would add a lot of junk RT data to the file. The second idea
was to nest lists with varying attribute length procedures. This would
mean 7lists  instead of one list and I worry that could still be a
script problem. In addition, I do not understand how to have it select
these sentences in order such that it can do a 8 item sentence and
then a 7 and not run through all of the 8 item lists first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.