License Options

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Nov 18 23:07:39 UTC 2008

Maciek,

>Our Institute is going to buy e-prime. We are concerning which of
>the license options we should choose. The best solution would be
>such which gives opportunities to program in e-prime by
>researchers  as well as by students. Probably about 30 people
>should  be able to use the program. Unfortunately, computers which
>are in use at the Institute are not connected to network. Which
>License Option would you recommend in such a situation?

Not sure if you are asking just about hardware keys vs. a network
key, or EP2 Professional vs. EP2 non-Pro/base/junior.  I cannot
answer the first, but as for the second, if you use this just for
teaching you can save some money and purchase EP2 base.  If you use
this for research and want to make sure that you can always share
programs with collaborators, then spend the extra money for EP2
Pro.  If you search the mailing list and the PST Forum you can find
where I have discussed this at more length.

And if you do purchase EP2 Pro, make sure to save your new programs
in the non-Pro format unless you really use Pro features.  There is a
way to make that the default if you look through the program, that is
how I always set it up (has to be done for each user account, though).