Order selection in the List object

Clara Chen yrsmile117 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 12:29:13 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have a question about order selection in my list:
I have 16 prime words * 8 conditions,
which get 128 samples in my design list.
However, in my experiment, I only want to run 16 trials from this
list.
That is, for each prime word, I hope the computer could randomly
select one of the 8 conditions.
Also, I have to make sure that these different conditions are evenly
distributed to the subjects.
For example, if I have 16 subjects doing this experiment, all of the 8
conditions should be run twice.

My question is, if I want to do so, is it okay to set the selection
(order) in the design list to be "Random"?
I am not sure which setting is better so that the computer could
evenly and randomly select one of the eight conditions for each prime
word in my list?

Does anyone have suggestions on this?
Thank you!