no sounds in E Run

memorylab uw.memorylab at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 18:01:02 UTC 2008

I've written a program on my laptop usng E-Studio 1.1.4.15 (E-Prime
1.1.4.4. w/SP3), and am trying to run in on our lab machines that only
have E-Run installed (E-Run 1.1.2.65; E-Prime 1.2.1.844). My laptop is
running Vista but the lab machines are XP.

The script seems to run smoothly, but a SoundOut element that I have
added to a slide just doesn't play. It works fine when running on my
laptop, but no sound happens on the testing machines.

The sound works fine otherwise on the machines (like the beep you get
when you quit the script early, or when it terminates successfully),
and the sound file is in the right folder (I tried running without the
file in the folder, and got the expected error that it couldn't find
the .wav file). Just nothing where the beep should be playing on each
slide presentation.

Any ideas?

thanks!