continue trial after error

Nicole Anderson nanderson at klaru-baycrest.on.ca
Thu Oct 2 16:03:25 UTC 2008

Hello experts,

I am programming an IAT (thanks to C. Bonnemayer (DMKEP Maastricht
University), I didn't need to start from scratch - see prior posting
re: IAT.

However, the standard IAT procedure is that if an error is made, error
feedback is provided, but then that trial continues until a correct
response is made. The RT recorded is the time since the onset of the
stimulus prior to the error.

How to do this relates to other prior postings re: repeating errors,
but in all of those solutions the error trials are repeated at the end
of the trial list (in a new, separate trial list, in fact). If I could
insert a new trial just after an error, with the same properties as
the previous error trial, that would solve the problem. The RT would
then be the sum of the two RTs, plus the duration of feedback. But
what I gather is that E-Prime does not like the TrialList content
fiddled with while it is running. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Much appreciated,

Nicole Anderson