Modify a variable in E-Data Aid

f.adani f.adani at campus.unimib.it
Tue Oct 7 19:03:37 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I need to create a new variable in my data spreadsheet, where I can
merge the values of two already existing variables. In other words, I
already have variable1 and variable2 (with values 1 and 0). Variable1
and variable2 are complementary, if variable1 = 1 or 0, variable2=NULL
and viceversa.
I want to create variable3 where I can merge values 1 and 2 from the
two existing variables.
I'm sure there's a way to do this, but I can't figure out how...
so far I have only created variable3 :-(
thanks a lot!