Touch-Screens and RT

Marhitomi m.mikhaelian at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 22:18:07 UTC 2008

Some experiments we run use touch-screens. I've been told that there
is a timing problem - recording reaction times is not very accurate,
as was determined in 2002 when we first got the screens.

We've had eprime 1 and are upgrading to eprime 2.0. The touch-screens
we have now are MicroTouch 3M from 2002 and they run on Serial Ports.

Have you had timing problems as well? I need to purchase new machines
that would not have this problem - any suggestions on models to buy?

I've been told that getting screens with USB connections could affect
timing? Thoughts?

Thank-you in advance for all your help.