netstation tags

Yan Yu yanhyu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 04:06:41 UTC 2008

Dear eprimers,

I am delivering stimulus via eprime and collecting ERP data via
NetStation. However, for some reason, when I do my AV test, the delay
is very large.
I am wondering if I did anything wrong. Here attached is my
experiment, Basically, I have 8 type of sentence lists, each list is a
paragraph of a story. In each sentence, I need to tag the onsets of
several particular words.I used a seperate marker list to send tags to
netstation. My inter-sentence interval is 500ms as defined by "wait3".
Because the interval between two adjacent target words varies, I used
an inline object to ask eprime to calculate the interval of the two
words before marking.   Could any expert do me a favor to check
whether my tags are doing the right job? What might be the reason for
the huge delays I am getting? How to reduce that delay? One thing that
puzzles me is: when I check the edat file, the delay is quite
neglectible, only the delay on my netstation IV test is very large.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Yan