Digital I/O between EPrime and Biopac

Cate cate.hartley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 18:07:00 UTC 2008

I am trying to use the ReadPort function to receive a TTL pulse
transmitted via a Biopac MP system.  I am using the Biopac STP100C
Digital Interface that connects to the PC running Eprime via a
parallel port.  In the product specifications, it specifies the pins
over which TTL pulses can be sent to/from EPrime.

Parallel Port interface (uses standard PC printer port with DSUB 25
connector)
Output from E-Prime: (pins 2-9) connect to MP System Digital I/O lines
8-15
Input to E-Prime: (pins 13-10) connect to MP System Digital I/O lines
4-7

Using the ReadPort(889) or ReadPort(&H379) commands yields the value
120 regardless of whether a TTL pulse is being sent to any or all of
the EPrime input pins.  Similarly, using WritePort(888,x) yields no
recognized input on the receiving machine regardless of the value of
x.

Any suggestions, especially from anyone who has successfully used this
hardware setup, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Cate